Thursday, February 18, 2010

Show 2/17




Four Tet @ Le Poisson Rouge

I had a couple of problems with this show from the get go. First of all it was on a Wednesday night and the doors opened at 10pm. Second there were 2 acts before Four Tet. The first was Bird Show and all I gotta say is no beat+no notes=garbage. Nathan Fake was next and he was alright for about a half hour but then he went on for another half hour and at the end I just hated him. The crowd at shows usually bothers me and this show was no exception. It honestly felt like everyone there was a rich NYU kid with a healthy drug habit. There was so much skunk smoke in the air it was unbelievable.
Anyhow all of that aside Four Tet finally came on at 12:30 or so. His start was great but as the show went on it just seemed like he was DJing at another club and it felt much more techno than his albums do. Sorry Four Tet, but you just weren't brilliant live. At 2am the show finished, I bought Four Tet's new album on record and walked to the subway where on the platform I had to keep chasing a rat away from me. So I guess I can say I've been to better shows, but once I came home and listened to the new album I felt fine. It's amazing.

6.5/10 By Chris L.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad I didn't go to that show. Mostly because of the rat on the platform! I really hate rats.

    I must say that I enjoyed the previous Four Tet albums, but what I heard of the new album, I was not so crazy about. But I guess I should give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all honesty this new record might be better than any of the other records by Four Tet that I have. I can't really put my finger on what it is that I love so much about it, but it is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete